Click on the job titles below or scroll down for information on arts-related job vacancies that have been presented to the Delaware Division of the Arts. For other opportunities in the arts, select from the categories listed below or visit the Arts Job Sites section of our Arts Resources page.
The Delaware Institute for the Arts in Education (DIAE)
DIAE is a non-profit arts education organization serving schools and allied arts organizations throughout the State of Delaware since 1982. The Executive Directorship is an 80%-time position with full benefits. For more information about DIAE, go to: diae.org.
Duties include: supervision of a staff of two and oversight of an aesthetic education program, professional development for teachers, school-year arts programming for students K-12 in a standards-based curriculum, and administration of a Wolf Trap preschool program. Related duties include: grant writing and fundraising, program coordination and scheduling, website and marketing promotion.
Job requirements: Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in the fields of art or education preferred (or comparable experience); management experience with non-profit financial practices and supporting software; and a collaborative, team-oriented approach with constituents and staff. Interest and familiarity with education from pre-K through 12; the performing and visual arts; the philosophy and practice of aesthetic education; and experience working with public and private agencies and administrators is desirable.
Applications: send letter and vitae with list of references to email@example.com or, by regular mail to Libby Quartullo, DIAE, P.O. Box 3015, Wilmington, DE 19804; tel: 302-992-1404.
Posted September 15, 2016
Delaware Art Museum
Social Media Coordinator
The Delaware Art Museum seeks a full time Social Media Coordinator. Responsibilities include curation of social media, analyzing the data, and introducing content designed to drive engagement. Additionally the Social Media Coordinator will work collaboratively with staff to develop content, identify opportunities, coordinate photography, maintain social media sites, assist in market research, special projects and events, community engagement, digital advertising, digital projects budget planning. As a member of the Development and Marketing team, the Social Media Coordinator will assist in developing and implementing strategies and initiatives to expand and strengthen the Museum’s connections to its community.
The position requires:
- A degree in a related field
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience in marketing and social media marketing
- Demonstrated ability to connect a field of interest, preferably art, to impactful and measurable outcomes
- Excellent Microsoft Office and PC skills required
- Photoshop skills required
- Social media and digital advertising experience required
- Photography experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Identify opportunities for increasing engagement on social media and digital platforms
- Experience with social media analytics, Google analytics, and other data tools
- Video production and editing experience a bonus, but not required
- Superior writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; team-oriented
- Professional demeanor. Can work in a fast-paced/high-energy environment and is a self-starter, creative, responsive, flexible, and has a good sense of humor.
Some nights and weekends may be required. The position will begin in September. Candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, salary requirements and portfolio which includes social media links and/or marketing campaigns to HR@delart.org.
Posted August 18, 2016
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation (MAAF)
The executive director (ED) will be the chief executive officer of the corporation, responsible to the board of directors, reporting to the chairperson in overseeing the affairs of MAAF. This innovative executive will lead MAAF into its next period of growth and distinction. As the lead spokesperson and public face of MAAF, the ED will serve as a leader in the national arts landscape and have a comprehensive understanding of the MAAF mission, role, and potential as a regional arts organization.
Please submit a letter and resume (electronic submissions preferred) with a summary of demonstrable accomplishments to: Mr. Dale Hedding, Vice President Arts Consulting Group, Inc. Email: MAAF@ArtsConsulting.com
Posted August 17, 2016
For additional opportunities, check the links below.