The Best Green Screen Backgrounds of 2018
Hi, how are you? My name is Nick! I am here to help you find the best Green Screen Backgrounds products. With my article I would like to assist you in making the right decision to buy Green Screen Backgrounds. You can rely on my advice, because I have done a lot of research on this topic and I know very well which Green Screen Backgroundss are good. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to leave me a comment and if you liked my article, share it. See you around. Nick.
10 Best Green Screen Backgrounds
- 1 The Best Green Screen Backgrounds of 2018
- 2 10 Best Green Screen Backgrounds
- 2.1 What is a Green Screen Background?
- 2.2 How does a Green Screen Background work?
- 2.3 7 tips for a successful recording
- 2.4 Advantages & Applications
- 2.5 What types of greenscreens are there?
- 2.6 What do I have to pay attention to when buying a green screen?
- 2.7 The history of the Greenscreen
- 2.8 Useful accessories
- 2.9 Green Screen Backgrounds Bestselling, Newest and Best Offers
A Green Screen Background makes it possible to produce film and photo material that makes certain effects particularly easy to create. He finds his perhaps most famous applications as the basis for the “facecam” of many Let’s-Player as well as in the production of various movies.
What is a Green Screen Background?
A Green Screen Background is a uniformly green fabric or a uniformly green plan with special optical properties. It is used for recording on videos and photographs.
His purpose is to obtain photographic or video material during the recording process, in which the background can be easily replaced by other image material. When it comes to image editing, this is also referred to as cropping an object if the new background is transparent or monochrome: a desired object or a specific person is automatically isolated from the image material. This new image material can then be used to present the filmed images in a different context, e. g. in front of a new background.
How does a Green Screen Background work?
When shooting in front of the green screen, the green background color (either immediately or retroactively) is automatically replaced by software with other image material (or a transparent background).
This creates the impression that the people and objects recorded are in a completely different environment than the original environment. In this respect, the Green Screen Background works like a bluescreen. The only difference is that after shooting, another color is replaced by the background – blue on the Bluescreen. Whether a bluescreen or a greenscreenscreen makes sense depends on the type of recording: It is important that the color of the background does not appear, or only very rarely, in the objects of the foreground. This facilitates later isolation of the objects.
The background that is inserted later can be both film as well as picture material. In the past, for example, when producing films, scenes were sometimes shot with the aid of a bluescreen in standing cars, in which the landscape from another shot was used separately. However, since this is easily noticed if it is not done very professionally, these scenes could not completely convince every spectator and critic. In modern films, on the other hand, entire computer-generated scenes are used in some cases, in which the actors are subsequently inserted with the help of green screen shots.
7 tips for a successful recording
- 1. keep the green screen free of folds
Even if some greenscreens are delivered already folded, the chromakey should be as wrinkle-free as possible during recording. Often it is sufficient to clamp the material sufficiently tightly into the corresponding holder. Damage should of course be avoided.
- 2. illuminate the green screen well
Sharp shadows or other irregularities in lighting can also lead to later problems when the software reworked the recording using the Chromakey procedure. Ideally, the Green Screen Background should take on the shape of a plain, evenly lit, smooth surface during shooting. Even if modern software can achieve a respectable result in many cases even without such ideal conditions, this should always be kept in mind in case of possible difficulties.
- 3. also treat washable greenscreens gently
Even machine-washable greenscreens are in many cases not completely colourfast. Washing out the colour over time can lead to slightly different shades of colour between the different regions of the fabric. For this reason, the green screen should not be washed too often and no unnecessarily aggressive detergents should be used. In addition, the manufacturer may also provide further information on how to care for the material.
- 4. use special tripods or a background system
Those who save on the background system often save in the wrong place. The necessary mounting options for the Chromakey are not available everywhere. So if it is difficult to create a sufficiently smooth, even surface, a background system can often help.
- 5.Green eyes? Try out Bluescreen
People with green eyes often have the problem that the software used cannot always distinguish between the eye color and the color of the Green Screen Background. As a result, even the eyes appear partially transparent after using the Chromakey procedure. In such a case, you can either try a Green Screen Background in a different colour tone or you can grab the bluescreen right away. If you have the possibility to manually edit your videos, you can exclude the eyes from the corresponding filtering in some video editing programs. However, this usually involves additional work. Similar difficulties can also occur with people with blue eyes who are shot in front of a bluescreen. They should then try to find out whether the use of a green chromakeys fixes the problem.
- 6. avoid clothing in the colour of the chromakeys
If you wear a green pollover in front of a Green Screen Background, you run the risk that it will also appear transparent after processing by the software. The simplest alternative is often to choose clothes in a different colour, which is less similar to that of the Green Screen Background. Alternatively, the software settings can be adjusted accordingly. However, this is not always successful in practice.
- 7. do not place strong studio lights too close to the green screen
In extreme cases, burn marks or even fire can occur if strong studio lights are operated for a sufficiently long time too close to the Chromakey. This not only distorts the coloring, but can also be dangerous for the people involved in the recording.
For this reason, it is always important to place the lighting at a sufficient distance from the green screen and similar materials. In this way, the temperature cannot even reach the critical range.
Advantages & Applications
In the Let’s Play area, a Green Screen Background is usually used to show a player’s webcam footage of the game.
But why is a Green Screen Background being used? This is due to the fact that the human face can usually be easily distinguished from the green background by the software due to the few green tones it contains. In this way, the spectators of a streamer can simultaneously follow the action and the reactions of the player. A smartly used Green Screen Background can therefore contribute to a more personal atmosphere of your own gaming or streaming channel on large platforms such as Youtube or Twitch.
The green screen is also used in modern television studios. This makes it possible to dynamically adapt the background to the different contents of the programme. For example, this technology can be used to display the weather map including matching satellite images during weather forecasting. The meteorologist speaks in front of a green (or blue or otherwise monochrome) background, which is then replaced by the appropriate video material. For the orientation of the meteorologist, there is often another monitor on which he can observe himself. For example, he can see where the different federal states are on the weather map.
In addition, video producers from the amateur sector use the Green Screen Background creatively in a variety of ways to creatively link video and image material from various sources to create new works. Of course, the current legal situation should always be kept in mind – in particular, the use of external pictorial material is generally only permitted under certain, legally regulated circumstances. If such hurdles are overcome successfully, the creative video maker has a powerful stylistic tool. Sometimes Green Screen Background shots are also deliberately used poorly crafted (e. g. in front of an obviously inserted background) in order to satirize correspondingly greedy produced films or series. If used appropriately, however, the appropriate material can significantly enhance the artistic quality of a video.
In addition to video and streaming, the green screen is now also used in photography.
What types of greenscreens are there?
The classic green screen, which is used in many places, is the green chroma key as studio background. This is usually a cloth or tarpaulin made of a suitable material, which is installed in a suitable support approximately perpendicular to the floor in the room.
In addition to green and blue, chromakeys in other colours, e. g. white, grey, red or black, are occasionally used. The color always depends on the purpose of the application and the available colors in the captured scene. Usually a color is used for the Chromakey, which does not appear or only rarely appears in the scene to be captured. Only rarely, e. g. when using so-called chromakey suits (see below), a part of the scene or the actor’s clothing is intentionally designed in the same colour as the background.
Besides greenscreens for the background of the studio, there are also chromakey suits. These can be worn by people who are supposed to be invisible in the recorded video after editing. For example, you can then move objects without them appearing in the finished video. However, it is always important to make sure that the person in the chromakey suit does not obscure the object if it is supposed to remain visible in the picture. This item of clothing cannot be used as a typical green screen, but allows creative hobby filmmakers to create some surprising effects that are otherwise difficult to achieve. Sometimes, however, the slits in the green masks can cause problems for the eyes when it comes to automatic post-processing of the material.
Greenscreens are produced from different materials with sometimes significant price differences. The higher quality fabrics and tarpaulins usually have some properties that are better suited to more professional requirements.
What do I have to pay attention to when buying a green screen?
As already mentioned, a green screen should be colored as uniformly as possible, otherwise the software may have problems recognizing the color.
In addition, an included tripod or background system is advantageous. This serves to fix the chromakeys in the background in order to create a homogeneous, uniformly colored surface. An ideal dye is one that is neither toxic nor fades too quickly in the sunlight.
Depending on the use, it may be important that the green screen is as opaque as possible. In such a case, care should be taken to ensure that it is made of a thicker or highly absorbent material. Otherwise there may be interference, e. g. from background light. However, this is not always easy to estimate in advance, often – at least in the beginner’s area – even a change of exposure leads to the desired success.
The history of the Greenscreen
The Chromakey method was already used before the age of digital image processing (in a slightly different way, but according to a similar principle).
Today, RKO Radio Pictures, a film producer, is considered the original inventor of bluescreen technology. The time of invention was a few years before the beginning of the Second World War. The process caused such a stir in Hollywood that it was rewarded (in different versions) with several Oscars. Today, the Chromakey process is also used in the production of movies and video games. For example, the background of a film can be replaced by completely computer-generated landscapes. This gives directors and scriptwriters a great deal of freedom in scene design. But only the modern image and video editing software in combination with the most modern camera and computer technology makes it possible for interested amateurs and streamers to implement the Chromkey process relatively easy at home in their own four walls.
If the green screen is to be used for streaming, a suitable digital camera is required. High-quality webcams, for example, are ideal here. Their resolution and frame rate should meet current requirements. Many people now regard Full HD as a minimum requirement for an optically appealing image. Even sharper, you can shoot your own face with a webcam that supports 4K or an even higher resolution.
Clamp clamps or glue clamps can be used to attach a correspondingly stable green screen to the load-bearing frame.
Not directly to use the Greenscreen, but for streaming games we recommend a good microphone to comment on the game. A good dynamic podcast microphone is typically used. For beginners and people who appreciate the simplicity of such a solution, there are good USB microphones available that are suitable for streaming applications and can be easily connected directly to the PC. If you like it more professional, you can also get a good audio interface with XLR input. This can also be used to connect microphones with XLR output to your own PC with a corresponding cable. Note: Instead of the XLR input, there is often the so-called Multi-In input, which is suitable for connecting instruments as well as for connecting microphones via an XLR cable.
A sufficiently powerful PC is recommended for video editing and streaming games. This applies in particular to higher demands on video quality and frame rate.
In order to be able to process the corresponding data rates quickly, the device should be equipped with fast data carriers for storing the video data as well as a sufficiently large working memory and a powerful CPU. Apart from gaming, video processing is one of the most demanding typical tasks for a consumer PC. Therefore, an inexpensive model, which is mainly designed for office work and occasional surfing, is usually not a pleasure here. We recommend the use of video editing software that can mobilize the computing power of the built-in graphics card. This can perform many graphical tasks much faster than the internal CPU. Further information on this can be found, for example, in the documentation or on the pages of the various software providers.
Since the green screen is used to create video and photo templates from which the background can be digitally removed, the appropriate software is essential for the Chromakey process. Many modern video and image processing programs of the well-known major providers support this procedure. Among other things, the effect can also be activated in the free streaming software OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), which is popular among gamers. To do this, you must first select the desired color to be hidden (for the green screen, e. g. green). The background free webcam shot can then be positioned with the mouse at the desired position on the screen.
Softboxes and other studio lamps are used for professional lighting of the scenery. For example, good, uniform illumination of the green screen is ideal for many applications. This contributes to a uniform color tone, which makes it easier to cut the background out of the video image later on. If you want to decorate your small home studio with an illuminated lettering, for example, you should make sure that the colour tone matches that of the green or bluescreen as little as possible. This is also recommended for other decorative objects. Otherwise the corresponding software may not be able to distinguish cleanly between foreground and background and will also remove parts of the foreground.
For full body portraits that are to be automatically exempted, we recommend the use of a green screen or chromakeys with train. This also covers part of the floor in the desired colour. In most cases, however, such articles are more interesting for professional photographers. Whole studios in which walls, floors and even parts of the ceiling are covered with a chromakey are also used for professional video production, e. g. for television. If you are planning such a project in the amateur sector, you should first of all gain some experience with a simple green screen.
Among other things, it is important to ensure that there are no reflections of the green color in another object during shooting. This would then also appear transparent after processing with the corresponding software.
In addition, a suitable tripod or background support system is recommended to keep the green screen in the desired position during the recording of videos or photos. Unfortunately, this is not always included and should be purchased separately. Especially for greenscreens made of thicker materials, a sufficiently stable stand should be chosen.
Green Screen Backgrounds Bestselling, Newest and Best Offers
- Chromakey Green Muslin Backdrop 6' x 9' with rod loop
- Backdrop stands not included
- (3) x Studio Single Head Photo Lighting Fluorescent Light Holder | (3) x 45W Light Bulb
- (2) x 33" Photo Studio White Premium Umbrella Reflector
- (2) x 86" Tall Air Cushion Spring Studio Quality High Output Umbrella Flash Strobe Light Stand
- (1) x 28" Tall Studio Quality High Output Accent Light Table Top Light Stand | (1) x Photography Backdrop Support Stand with 10' Crossbar Solid Safety 3 Legs Stages
- (1) x 10 x 20 ft. Green Chromakey Muslin Backdrop Background Color - Green Chroma Key | (2) x 4" Photo Studio Canvas Muslin Paper Backdrop Clamps
- [1 x] Solid Green 9 x 15 ft. Muslin Backdrop Background
- [3 x] 4.5" Photography Muslin Backdrop Clamps
- Machine washable
- Ideal for Portraits & Object Product Shooting
- A seamless and weaving surface
- 9 x 13 ft Green Backdrop Muslin Screen
- Light weight & wrinkle-resistant
- Non-gloss surface
- Simply dust off the surface to be ready for reuse
- 5 x 7 ft when extended
- Folds down to a compact 30" X 30"
- Chromakey green on one side and blue on the reverse
- Spring steel liner flexes out to hold the material tight
- Zippered Case included
- 5' X 7' twist collapsible blue/green background (One side blue, one side green)
- Easy to carry, great for on location shoots.
- Quick set up. Easy to fold and collapse.
- Durable Metal frame sewn into the fabric.
- Brand New
- Instant immersion: wrinkle-resistant Green screen optimized for Camera Chroma keying
- Ultra-quick deployment: set up and Pack up in Seconds; Material: 100% Polyester
- Pop-up tech: lift and let the pneumatic X-frame automatically lock the screen in place
- Concealable design: retract into the Hard case and stash out of sight
- Dimensions: 1480 x 1800 mm / 58.27 x 70.87 in (screen); 1645 x 105 x 115 mm / 64.76 x 4.13 x 4.53 in (retracted)
- Fancierstudio Green Screen Background Stand 6'x9' green screen and background stand with carrying case
- One 6ft x 9ft muslin backdrop, one background stand support system max 8ft height 10ft wide. Carrying case for backdrop stand included
- Perfect Lightweight Aluminum Tripods, Solid Safety 3 Legs Stages, Premium Quality Support Bars, Height Adjustable: Min 3.5 ft. to Max 8ft, Width Adjustable: Min 4.5 ft. to Max 10 ft Holds canvas, muslin or paper. It is suggested to secure the stands with gaffer tape, or weight bags when using any background setup where there are several people, or active children on the set.
- A collapsible and lightweight background support system can be invaluable. You can get this good Fancierstudio background system without breaking the bank, and the Impact Background Support System is no exception. This green screen background kit great for both studio and location work.
- Green screen backdrop can be use for videos. The results can look amazing and can help any video that you produce stand out from the crowd. Videos are everywhere these days and the last thing you want to do is to spend a long time creating a very ordinary video which achieves nothing. Once you create your own green screen studio you have so much more flexibility to create great looking videos and really achieve the results that you are looking for.
- (2) x Pheno Photography Square Studio Photo Silver Umbrella Reflector Softbox
- (2) x 32" Photo Studio White Premium Soft Umbrella
- (1) x All-in-one Carrying Bag - the Whole Kit Can Be Put In
- (1) x 77" High 78" Wide Background Support System + (1) x 5x10 Feet 3 Color Backdrop (Black/White/Green)
- (4) x 77" Feet High Zenith Light Stand : Sturdy and Lightweight + (4) x Mini cirrus Light Head
- Fancierstudio 800 Watt 10'x12' Green Screen Lighting Kit Background Stand Included
- The Chromakey Green Screen Kit includes 8ft Height 10ft Wide Backdrop Support Stand, 10' x 12' Chromakey Green Screen, 2 x 105watt bulb (equal 800 watt output) 2 x Ac Adapter, 2 x 33" Shoot Through umbrealla 2 x 7ft Lightstand, Carrying case for backdrop stand included.
- These CFL light bulbs rated for 120v for USA standard. Please make sure before buying if your country uses 220v please do not use these bulbs they will pop or blow.
- Green screen videos can look amazing and can help any video that you produce stand out from the crowd. Videos are everywhere these days and the last thing you want to do is to spend a long time creating a very ordinary video which achieves nothing.
- Once you create your own green screen studio you have so much more flexibility to create great looking videos and really achieve the results that you are looking for.
No products found.