The Delaware Division of the Arts is working with Maren Brown Associates to develop a new strategic plan for FY2016-FY2020 that identifies and incorporates the ideas, issues, and initiatives of Delaware's arts community: artists, organizations, audiences, and educators.
The public input process will include:
- Survey One is designed for Delaware-based individual artists.
- Survey Two is designed for representatives of Delaware organizations and schools that provide arts programming.
Individuals are invited to complete the appropriate survey using the links above. The surveys open October 20, 2014 and remain open until noon on Monday, November 10, 2014.
Three community meetings:
To be held across the state this fall, during which all Delaware constituents will have an opportunity to provide input. All interested Delawareans are invited to attend a meeting and have their thoughts and opinions heard. No RSVP is required.
Monday, October 27, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m., Milton
Milton Theatre (hosted by Premier Center for the Arts)
110 Union Street, Milton, DE 19968
Tuesday, October 28, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m., Dover
Delaware State University (hosted by VSA Delaware)
Parlor A (2nd floor) of the MLK Student Center, 1200 N. DuPont Highway, Dover 19901
Parking Lot One is the most convenient place to park.
Tuesday, October 28, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m., Wilmington
OperaDelaware Studios (hosted by Delaware Arts Alliance)
4 S. Poplar Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
Park on Front Street or in the EDiS/OperaDelaware lot.
Six focus groups (by invitation only):
To gather feedback from key stakeholders , comprised of individual artists, arts organizations – large, arts organizations – small/medium, K-12 education, lifelong learning, and community-based organizations.
Thirty in-depth one-on-one telephone interviews:
With individuals including national and state leaders whose work exemplifies areas of interest to the Division of the Arts, reveals important trends that can shape the Division’s future work, or offers visionary ideas that provide inspiration for the plan.
Background Data Review
The consultants are also conducting a thorough examination of background information about the Delaware Division of the Arts to understand the current environment in which the Division operates, its significant historical milestones, and other relevant information. These materials will be used to contextualize findings. Background materials include:
- mission and vision statement
- current programs and services offered
- current marketing strategies and tools
- financial and staffing history
- previous strategic plans
- demographic data and economic indicators on regional and statewide trends
- research reports commissioned by the agency
- evaluation data and program analysis conducted by staff and/or consultants
- grants data, financial statements, and reports
- research studies conducted by foundations and other credible third parties that offer insight into field trends
In February 2015, a draft of the new Design Delaware 2.0 Strategic Plan for FY2016-FY2020 will be released for public comment, and in March 2015, the final plan will be formally approved by the Delaware State Arts Council and published.
For information on the Design Delaware Strategic Plan for FY2011-FY2015, please click here.